Friday, June 8, 2012

Front Porch Friday-Playing with Paper Dolls

Who doesnt love playing with paper dolls?  The Sew Artsy kit was perfect for just that.  The dress form that is included in the kit was my inspiration.  I originally thought I would do a mini book of different dresses but that just wasn't working for me.  I often look through pictures when I "hit the wall" in designing.  I found this picture of my daughter Kristen and her roommate Shirley playing "big girl" dress up their freshmen year of college and I was off and running.
I took the dress form and traced it onto chipboard so that I could create several bases.  With all of the fabulous fabrics that are included in the kit I was was able to create my dresses.  Using a tacky glue like Helmar 450 on the form I just places the fabric on the forms and trimmed away.  There are so many wonderful trims to use for embellishing.  Here's a close up of two of the dresses...


On this dress I used the paint chip that is included to make her belt and made the ribbon rosette from the zipper.  Her necklace is the little spool covered in you guessed it glitter!! and threaded onto the floss.  Sorry I can't share more closeups but my hard drive crashed and yep...my photos are gone.     
Will need to take some once I get to the Little Blue House.
So don't delay ...there are only a few kits left...head over to The Little Blue House Online and get your kit today.  Make sure you check out the online gallery for all the other great projects.  And since today is Front Porch Friday-Check out the other designers blogs for their special posts.  Well I am off to Art Group at the LBH..can't wait. 
Keep Creating
Elaine

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    This is so cute. Just between me and you, you hated paper dolls but you loved those Barbies.

    ReplyDelete