Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Front Porch Kit - Game On

Here is an additional project I created for the new release Front Porch Kit - Game On.  It is a minibook that I created using the mini clipboard that is part of the kit. 

To create the bookcover I used the large playing card enclosed in the kit  The red was a little too bright for the look I wanted to have, so I lightly sanded it, used my scissors to distress the edges and then inked with a little Fired Brick Distress Ink. The scallop border is the black and white checkerboard paper that has been border punched. The "W" and the "H" are from the alphabet sticker sheet that is part of the kit and the "Well Played" title is from the edge of one of the pattern papers. You will also get an entire bag of Scrabble tiles in the kit. The flower is 7 scallop circles that I punched from the crossword puzzle paper that is in the kit. I sprayed them with water, smooshed them, unfolded them and then placed a brad in the center.  You then pull the circles up to the center and let dry.  Once they are dry- Ink the edges with Fired Brick Distress Ink.
Here is the interior of the book.  The kit has so many cute embellishments that are perfect for layouts and books.
So many great projects were created using the kit. 
Stop by the Little Blue House to see them.
Order your kit and see the project gallery at TheLittleBlueHouseOnline.
Have fun creating..
Elaine

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your Hog minibook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You book turned out great. Love the Flag book Technique with the clipboard cover. So cute.

    ReplyDelete